The MBTA fiscal and management control board on March 7 approved system-wide fare hikes that amount to an average 9.3 percent increase that will go into effect July 1, according to a press release.
The board vote means:
- Bus Pass increases to $55, while a LinkPass goes to $84.50
- Outer Express Bus at existing prices
- Bus fares: Cash/Ticket $2.00, CharlieCard $1.70
- A transit ride with a CharlieCard goes to $2.25, while with a CharlieTicket or cash goes to $2.75
- Free transfer extended to bus-rail-bus trips
- A single cash price to ride a bus decreases by ten cents
- Student Pass at $30 (12 months), Senior Pass at $30
For more information, visit MBTA.com.