Parking will be restricted on various Mission Hill streets on Sat., Sept. 1 for student move-in day, as the neighborhood fills with moving trucks. The restrictions listed here do not apply to vehicles with a City of Boston Mission Hill resident parking permit, unless otherwise noted.
The following streets will have “no stopping” restrictions from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., with Boston Police towing vehicles that are in violation:
- Calumet Street (both sides between Darling and Hillside)
- Cherokee Street (both sides between Pontiac and Hillside)
- Hillside Street (both side between Parker Hill Avenue and Parker Street)
- Oswald Street (both sides between Calumet and Hillside)
- Parker Hill Avenue (west/odd-numbered side between Huntington and Hillside); no parking at all allowed, no matter whether the vehicle has a resident permit sticker.
- Pontiac Street (both sides between Tremont and Hillside)
- Sachem Street (both sides between Parker Hill Avenue and Calumet)
- St. Alphonsus Street (both sides between Alleghany and Calumet)
Information from Boston Transportation Department